There are many volunteer opportunities at the Nature Trust!
The success of the Nature Trust would not be possible without the dedication of our volunteers. Volunteers contribute to all activities critical to the Nature Trust being able to preserve Nova Scotia's wild spaces and special natural areas.
Whether you are interested in exploring the outdoors, honing your planning and event organizing skills, or helping to spread the word and raise funds for conservation, the Nature Trust can use your help!Take a look at our current volunteer opportunities below for ways you can help out. Please feel free contact us for additional information on any of these opportunities or to discuss other specific areas of interest.
Volunteer Role Postings
Land Acquisition and Stewardship
- A land surveyor for our Property Committee (ideally someone employed or who has been employed as a land surveyor, familiar with survey methodology, experienced in addressing land boundary and title issues in Nova Scotia).
- Property Guardians to visit and monitor our properties, and a coordinator for our Guardians program. See link for our Property Guardian Guidebook.
- Bird’s Eye View volunteers to identify birds and basic bird habitat data on NSNT Conservation Lands.
- Experienced ecologists to assist with baseline studies, site assessments, stewardship plans
- Support for field trips – planning and organizing
- Assisting Nature Trust staff with field work (field expertise needed)
Member and Donor Relations
- Newsletter coordination, reporters and writers
- Annual Fall Dinner Committee – Members, Corporate Ticket Sales Team Members, Promotions Coordinator
- Third Party events committee chair and members
- Office Assistants
- Support to volunteer coordinator
Board of Directors
To learn more about becoming a volunteer, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 902-425-5263 or email@example.com, or fill out the Volunteer Application Form and submit it via e-mail, fax or post. We look forward to welcoming you to our volunteer team.