Goodbye Farley Mowat
We were very sad to learn of the passing of a dear friend to the Nature Trust, Farley Mowat. Mowat was a passionate conservationist, an officer of the Order of Canada, and a world-renowned Canadian author. He has long been an outspoken advocate for preserving and caring for our natural world, and was a champion for and friend to the Nature Trust for many years. In 2007, he and his wife Claire Mowat donated Farley's Ark, their piece of Nova Scotian paradise, for the Nature Trust to preserve.
We are proud and moved to be part of Farley Mowat's legacy of caring for nature, and we extend our sincere sympathies to his loved ones.
More about Farley Mowat friendship with the Nature Trust:
- Read more about Farley's Ark: The Farley and Claire Mowat Conservation Lands
- Read an article from about Farley's Ark from the Chronicle Herald
- Read about the protection of Farley's land in the Sunday Herald's Nova Scotian
- Watch a Land & Sea special on Farley's journey to protecting Farley's Ark with the Nature Trust
- Watch a short video entitled Farley's Ark
- See a photo album of our memories of Farley Mowat
- Read Farley's meditations on Nova Scotia and protecting his land, from the book Nova Scotia: Visions of the Future, edited by Lesley Choyce